Thank You For Attending Exeter Anime & Gaming Con - Photos, Stories & Reactions

Where you can discuss, chat about events or, organise member meetups, the world or life in general including movies, tv shows and more.

Moderators: Beex, Elgood81, Beerkeg, Ferefire

Ferefire
Ensouled Member
Ensouled Member
Great Britain

Post by Ferefire » 14 May 2024, 12:30

We'd like to thank all of you for attending our first ever Exeter Anime & Gaming Con!

We look forward to seeing you all at the next Exeter Anime & Gaming Con which will be next year on June 8-9 (website to go up soon)! In the meantime why not check out some of our other events such as Bristol Anime & Gaming Con at this link on the 24-25 August. You can also download the phone app at www.animeleague.app to view our full calendar.

Got any stories, photos or feedback? Put them in this topic :)
---

ladyjaynew
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by ladyjaynew » 14 May 2024, 15:02

Unfortunately I have to say this was a massively underwhelming day.
The ticket costs led us to believe this would have lots more to offer than it did...
The artist's alley was 2 tiny rooms with very little in the way of actual artists (there was maybe 3)
Most of the stalls with merchandise were the same cosplay weapons, figures and endless tables of 'mystery' bags, with only a few stalls that had something original or interesting to offer.
The gaming area was very poor, and more akin to a school computer science room.
The stage... well, the one act we saw/ heard was tragic.
I have been to many Comic and Anime Cons before, and this was a huge rip off!

Nawg
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Nawg » 14 May 2024, 18:30

Exeter Anime & Gamiong con, putting the CON in convention.
A massively underwhelming day. Paid for VIP which was a waste as extras were rubbish. Early entry pointless too just meant we were bored even earlier.
2 acts didn’t even show. The acts that did perform were ok but not great.
Stalls sold mainly the same things. Mystery bags were not good value.
Gaming room had some cool old consoles but felt like the games room at a youth club or something.
Not worth it which is a massive shame as I was looking forward to it since I first saw the ad on FB months ago.
Will not be returning next year, will just pay more and go to a proper convention.

GrizzlyBear67
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by GrizzlyBear67 » 14 May 2024, 20:31

We bought standard tickets and this was our first convention... It was definitely not worth the £40 we paid and we felt that games room with consoles was great but it felt like an after school club and the "Cinema" was just a tv on bar top and the stalls were all selling the same stuff...

Just felt like it could have been so much more and wasn't run as good as it should have been...

Definitely disappointed ☹️☹️☹️

ojipotato
United States of America

Achievements

Post by ojipotato » 21 May 2024, 17:20

Hey guys, If you're in the Midwest USA, I've heard there's an upcoming event called Anime Midwest.