Bemused

Country
      USA
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
      Credits

Latest album/CD purchases

Pretty self-explanatory, but I thought it would be nice if there was a thread about what albums and/or CDs you've purchased lately. It can be/include albums you've bought online to download, so long as they're LEGAL downloads. Here we go then! ^^:

For me, my last purchase was:
      A Thousand Suns by Linkin Park

Self medicating, craving punishment. Blaming myself for a world on fire. No more shame, no more pity. No more. We rise from the ashes! I will suffer! I will burn! Let hate prevail! Enslave my soul but I'll never surrender! Silent words from a bleeding mouth. Swallows pride with a swollen tongue. Everything is nothing, life in a shallow grave. Too ashamed to feel joy. Life collecting dust. No more shame, no more pity. No more. We rise from the ashes! I will suffer! I will burn! Let hate prevail! Enslave my soul but I'll never surrender! I will suffer! I will burn! Let hate prevail! Enslave my soul but I'll never surrender! Mental cancer hijacks your brain, denying the reality you created for yourself. We rise from the ashes! I will suffer! I will burn! Let hate prevail! Enslave my soul but I'll never surrender! I will suffer! I will burn! Let hate prevail! Enslave my soul but I'll never surrender! Never surrender! Never surrender! Never surrender! Never surrender! Never surrender! Never surrender! Never surrender! Never surrender!
      Never Surrender -- Combichrist

"To forever yearn after the unattainable; that is the fate of one born under the Star of Martyrdom."
      || My AL Journal ||

We're No Here

Fussy

Country
      USA
      Array
      Credits

Re: Latest album/CD purchases

boris - japan heavy rocks #3
      santana - s.t. & abraxas (korean)
      atdi - live in tokyo
      nas - illmatic
      allman brothers band - s.t.
      80's rap vol 2 (had run d.m.c. so i bought it for that)

all on vinyl

She's my bloody creature poster girl.

Bemused

Country
      USA
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
      Credits

Nice. ^^ I haven't heard of anyone getting vinyl, do they still play ok?

Self medicating, craving punishment. Blaming myself for a world on fire. No more shame, no more pity. No more. We rise from the ashes! I will suffer! I will burn! Let hate prevail! Enslave my soul but I'll never surrender! Silent words from a bleeding mouth. Swallows pride with a swollen tongue. Everything is nothing, life in a shallow grave. Too ashamed to feel joy. Life collecting dust. No more shame, no more pity. No more. We rise from the ashes! I will suffer! I will burn! Let hate prevail! Enslave my soul but I'll never surrender! I will suffer! I will burn! Let hate prevail! Enslave my soul but I'll never surrender! Mental cancer hijacks your brain, denying the reality you created for yourself. We rise from the ashes! I will suffer! I will burn! Let hate prevail! Enslave my soul but I'll never surrender! I will suffer! I will burn! Let hate prevail! Enslave my soul but I'll never surrender! Never surrender! Never surrender! Never surrender! Never surrender! Never surrender! Never surrender! Never surrender! Never surrender!

"To forever yearn after the unattainable; that is the fate of one born under the Star of Martyrdom."
      || My AL Journal ||

Banned
      sabata was RIGHT

Sigh

Country
      Scotland
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Credits

I think the last album I bought was "Secret Treaties" by Blue Öyster Cult. It's Blue Öyster Cult. There is no reason to explain why I should not have bought it when it's for sale for £5.

We're No Here

Fussy

Country
      USA
      Array
      Credits

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Crisis View Post
      Nice. ^^ I haven't heard of anyone getting vinyl, do they still play ok?
      better than cd in my opinion

Atavist by Otep.

I pre-ordered it as a package with a notebook, pen, pencil, shoulder bag, shirt, DVD, CD, poster and 4 pins. Just because I'm a HUGE fan.
      Avatar made by LJ community magic_art

^ Birthday gift from Omega Persona

Assistant
      I am able to gain magic because I didn't submit to dispair!

Loved

Country
      UK
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Credits

Powewolf: Blood of the Saints

Got this off itunes just this minute. They are a dark, but fun power metal band with gothic horror themes. Only just learned that there was a new album out <3.

Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns... yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope...

Banned
      「mutagen」

Sigh

Country
      USA
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Credits

Well, it's not really a 'purchase' since this guy has been posting his albums for free on his own site but the last album i've gotten is

The Weeknd - Thursday

R&B/Hip-Hop

Been listening to this shit for a week straight already. It's the second album that he's put out this year (House Of Balloons came out earlier this year and he has one more coming out later this year). Now, before I've heard of The Weeknd I've never been a fan of R&B but this dudes sound has pretty much changed my opinion of the genre. It's mainly the fact that he puts an emphasis on atmosphere rather than the lyrical content. He doesn't always rely on hooks and catchy lyrics (especially here in this particular album) but how he focuses the sound into a very dark, murky, hazy, bleak atmosphere is what got me so addicted to this guy. These two albums are contenders for AOTY for me and they're definitely worth checking out if anyone has any interest in the R&B/Hip-Hop genre.

Crazy

Country
      UK
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
      Credits

The most recent album I purchased was Self Made Vol. 1 by MMG (Maybach Music Group). It's an ok hip-hop album with a few bangers on there. Some of the tracks are pretty weak as the artists are trying to hard to be suave which doesn't suit the hood image they try and project at the same time, Wale in particular doesn't fit to well with the others imo though that might be because of his image (not so hood) as opposed to his rapping style. Some of the tracks sound a bit too similar and some different production would've helped this album. I'm not upset with the purchase but I expected more especially because the hype that surrounded them. Hopefully they'll get it right second time around.

secretly evil~

No Mood

Country
      blank
      Array
      Blog Entries
      Credits

Dead Sea Apes' EP Soy Dios, decent but nothing special. Pretty good as far as the local scene here goes though.
      . ▄ ▄ .

~~~Shared ALJ with my lovely Master~~~

You are reading this

Amused

Country
      UK
      Array
      Credits

Tighter - the rerelease of "Tight" by Mindless Self Indulgence.

Slipknot's debut album. Why? Because that first album is still the hottest shit ever to exist.

She's my bloody creature poster girl.

Bemused

Country
      USA
      Array
      Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
      Credits

I just ordered these in the same day(lol):
      Devil May Cry 4 Original Soundtrack
      Avalon [by] Sully Erna

|| My AL Journal ||

I hate the word Fate

Awesome

Country
      UK
      Array
      Credits

My latest album purchase is the Grimoire of IOSYS Toho Best Album Vol1 It's a pretty good album, with the best of IOSYS including "Overdrive" and "Cirno's perfect maths class" Pre-ordered on paletweb, seems to be the only place that sell these albums :/
      Follow me on Twitter~ Myon~

Sabriel

The last album I bought was the Original Broadway Soundtrack to "Wicked". Pretty much obsessed with that musical.

Go DJ-Pon3~!

Friendly

Country
      USA
      Array
      Credits

A Dramatic Turn of Events by Dream Theater.

It is AMAZING.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information